If you are living outside, in a car, or in an emergency shelter, we invite you to visit an access point in the flyer below to help you start the process of finding a housing solution by connecting you to available resources. You can find more information about the access points in the flyer below. 

How Coordinated Entry Works

The Coordinated Entry System (CES) facilitates the coordination and management of resources and services through our community's crisis response system. CES works to connect the highest need, most vulnerable persons in the community to available housing and supportive services equitably.

The steps to become involved in CES are as follows: 

  1. Meet in person at one of the listed locations.

  2. Talk to staff to identify your housing needs and wants.

  3. Learn about the housing programs and other resources that you might be eligible for. 

  4. Connect with those programs to complete an intake and be assigned a case manager.

  5. Work with your case manager to find housing. 


  1. Completing the housing assessment does not guarantee housing. 

  2. This is not a housing waitlist, or a housing application.

  3. It is possible you may not be eligible for any current housing program openings.

  4. There is no fixed timeline of when an agency may contact you for housing.

  5. We will keep searching for a program until we find an opening for you, or you ask us to stop.

ce flyer 1.jpg
ce flyer 2.jpg

Download CE Flyer Here

For more information, email Aly Gideon or Marqueia Watson!

Frequently Asked Questions

Q: Where Are the HUBs & Shelters?

A: There are 5 Coordinated Entry Hubs scattered across Jackson County and Wyandotte County. A 1 Page Flyer of HUB Location and Emergency Shelters has been created for all community agencies to use when working with persons that are presenting as homeless. This 1-Page Flyer can be handed out to people that say they are in need of housing because they are homeless.

Q: How long will I need to wait for someone to contact me about housing? Can I get an update on where I am on the prioritization list?

A: Unfortunately, we are unable to estimate how long it will take for a housing provider to contact you to offer housing assistance. Please understand that housing programs have a limited capacity, and it takes time for providers to contact all the people we assess. It may take longer than 6 months to be contacted, and if you have not heard from a housing provider within that time we ask that you meet with us again to update your information. We urge everyone to continue working on alternative housing options while they wait.

Q: How do I update my contact information (phone number and/or email address)?

A: If you have not already, please fill out the Coordinated Entry contact form with all your updated information and our staff will update your profile with that information.

Q: Can you help me find community resources to help with basic needs such as healthcare, food, and employment?

A: Please see our “Other Resources” page for community resource information.

Other Resources

Emergency/Crisis Services

Emergency shelter referral: Dial 2-1-1
Shelter Hotline: 816-474-4599
City Union Mission: 816-474-9380   1108 E. 10th Street. KCMO (Men only)
City Union Mission Family Center:  816-474-9380 ext. 1460   

Day Shelter/ Showers

Cherith Brook:  816-241-8047   3308 E. 12thStreet, KCMO  
Hope Faith Ministries:  816-471-4673
KC Rescue Mission: 816-421-7643   1520 Cherry Street, KCMO (Men only)  
Cross-Lines Community Center 816-421-7643   736 Shawnee Avenue, KCK
Swope Health Services:  816-474-9380
City Union Mission Family Center:  816-931-5800   3801 Blue Pkwy, KCMO (with medical appointment only)
Frank Williams Resource Center: 913-233-3329

Missouri Department of Health list of warming centers

Domestic Violence/ Sexual Assault/ Physical Abuse

Adult Abuse Hotline: 816-881-3974
Child Abuse Hotline: 800-392-3738
KC Anti-Violence LGBTQ Hotline: 816-561-0550
Rape/ Sexual Abuse Hotline: 816-531-0233
Rose Brooks Center: 816-861-6100 (women only)
Domestic Violence HOTLINES:

  • 913-321-0951

  • 816-468-5463

  • 816-461-4673

  • 816-471-5800

  • 913-262-2868

KCMO Police Victims Assistance: 816-329-0778 
KCK Police Victims Services: 913-573-5616


National Runaway Safe Line: 800-786-2929
reStart Youth Emergency Shelter: 816-309-9048
Synergy Services: 816-741-8700 

Health (Physical and Behavioral)

Mental Health Crisis Hotline: 888-279-8188
Suicide Hotline: 800-784-2433
Comprehensive Mental Health Services: 816-245-3652
Crisis Pregnancy Center: 816-464-5100
KC Free Health Clinic: 816-753-5144
KC Medicine Cabinet: 816-276-7517 (prescription/ medical supplies/ eye glasses assistance)
Swope Health Services: 816-923-5800
Truman Behavioral Health: 816-404-5700
Research Psychiatric Center: 816-444-8161, 24/7 Call Center: 816-235-8162
Veteran's Administration Medical Center: 816-861-4700
Wyandotte County Health Department: 913-573-6718
Truman Medical Center: 816-404-1000
Wyandot Center Behavioral Health: 913-563-6500
NAMI Mental Illness Hotline: 816-931-0030

Alcohol/Substance Misuse

Drug/ Alcohol Crisis Hotline: 816-361-5900
Alcoholics Anonymous: 816-471-7229
Al Anon/ Alateen: 816-373-8566
Cocaine Anonymous: 800-347-8998
Narcotics Anonymous: 816-531-2250
RADAC (Heartland Regional Drug and Alcohol Assessment Center): 913-789-0951 Resources:

Homelessness and Drug Dependency